How men should dress for the beach
The weather is starting to heat up, which finally heralds the start of summer. With the rising temperatures, you may well be thinking of spending your spare time on the beach.
Before you head out though, make sure that you follow these tips regarding all parts of your outfit to ensure you don’t suffer a fashion nightmare on the sand:
It is often said that your choice of footwear can say a lot about you, so what better place to start our guide than by picking footwear that will help make a great first impression?
It will be very hard to look stylish in a pair of flip flops, while pulling on some trainers is sure to leave your feet warm and uncomfortable as the day goes on.
Instead, opt for a chic pair of men’s sandals from a well-known brand like Brantano and give your feet some much-needed air. They are also incredibly easy to slip on and off, so you can go from the beach to the sea in next to no time.
There are a few simple dos and don’ts to remember when it comes to selecting a perfect pair of shorts to ensure they look stylish:
- Do select a fitted swim trunk at a length that sits above your knee — it’s totally up to you how short you want them to be after this.
- Don’t go for shorts that appear too tight, but equally don’t make them too baggy — getting the perfect balance is key here.
- Do go for shorts in darker tones if you feel like you’ve piled on the pounds a bit — they will put less attention on your belly.
- Don’t select shorts in busy and colourful designs — those in neutral shades and gentle pastels will make you look a lot more presentable.
The base rule for selecting a shirt when hitting the beach is to choose a simple design made using either blue or white cotton. From this point, here’s a few words of advice to bear in mind:
- If you want to venture out and select a different colour, avoid shirts in pink or yellow if you have a pasty skin complexion — they rarely ever work well.
- Polo shirts make for brilliant solutions if you are known to sweat in hot weather.
- A longer and looser cotton shirt is advised if you’re worried that you’ve piled on the pounds in the months leading to summer.
Now that you have all the beach style tips, all what’s left to say is enjoy the summer weather while it lasts!