The First Time Traveller’s Guide to Surviving Disney World Florida
Walt Disney World in Florida, USA, is a magical place for children and great fun for adults. However, it can turn stressful for the person who is not very organized in advance. Here are a few tips to help reduce stress for people travelling to Disney World for the first time.
• Buy as much as you can in advance. This included admission tickets and souvenirs that can be purchased for a fraction of the cost of the same items inside the park. You’ll find discount tickets online and from some Orlando hotels.
• You can avoid some of the long lines at attractions with special apps that give information about how long the lines are at specific rides or shows.
• Select the right time of year to go when it is not too hot or crowded. The best time is the off-season in late September to Early October. Early December is another good time when crowds are low but the Park looks wonderful. Orlando hotels also have cheaper rates at these times.
• Some of the best hotels in Orlando give access to the park, but have lower room rates. There are also hotels in Orlando that are right on the park property. These are very convenient for people who would like to take a break for a few hours in the afternoon. They also offer other Park perks.
• When it’s time to leave the park, don’t get frustrated because there are crowds of people ahead of you. Take your time and shop on Main Street or just people-watch. It will reduce your stress level.
• If you bring your own snacks, you can save money and have healthier options. This will help you save money for meals or other treats.
• Visit the one of the two water parks inside the grounds. Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are a great place to spend the hot hours of the afternoon. They have shady cabanas, water slides, sandy beaches and the longest wave pool in the world.
• Dress sensibly with light, cotton clothing and remember sunscreen. It’s not a good idea to carry around a heavy backpack. There are lockers you can rent where you can leave your stuff for later when you need it.