What Does Armour Thyroid Do and How Should You Take It?
Armour Thyroid is a thyroid medication made using animal glands. The tablets help in treating hypothyroidism, also known as low thyroid hormone. Physicians can recommend it as a treatment or preventive measure for goiter.
In some cases, the Armour Thyroid tablets are given to patients as part of a medical test to determine whether they suffer from thyroid problems. The capsules are available in a generic form.
Armour Thyroid Tabs – How Are They Taken?
The thyroid tabs are considered an ideal form of thyroid disease treatment that patients need to take orally. Today, you no longer need to worry about where to buy Armour Thyroid online as they are readily available and come in six different strengths.
Doctors routinely recommend these tabs because:
• They come in varying doses, e.g., 15mg, 30mg, 60mg, 90mg,120mg, and 180mg
• Armour Thyroid is a great source of T3 and T4 hormones
• You can take these tablets orally, normally once per day. You should take them on an empty stomach around half an hour before eating
• It’s a great way to treat an underactive thyroid
• It has the best compliance record and is considered a consistent brand of Natural Desiccated Thyroid (NDT).
Tips on How to Take Armour Thyroid Tablets
As is the case with every other medication you have encountered, you should follow the recommendations printed on the label. For Armour Thyroid, it’s recommended that you take these tabs as follows:
• Ensure you buy the same type of tabs whenever shopping online. You should note that the hormone levels in most thyroid medications tend to vary from one manufacturer to the next.
• Take the tabs on an empty stomach. As mentioned elsewhere, you should take the tabs on an empty stomach to ensure that your body will absorb the entire dose.
• Avoid taking these tabs within four hours of taking medication containing calcium or aluminum minerals and supplements. Such minerals can prevent the body from absorbing all the ingredients present in the Armour Thyroid tabs.
• Allow the tabs several weeks to do their job. While the symptoms linked to conditions such as hypothyroidism can prove frustrating, you should always allow the tabs enough time to work. It may take up to fourteen days to notice an improvement.
Interactions with Other Drugs and Medications
Please note that the Armour Thyroid tabs may react negatively when taken with other prescription medication. It’s important to let your doctor know about any other medication you’re taking. And these include supplements.
Drugs that can interact with include:
• Oral steroids
Armour Thyroid During Pregnancy and When Breastfeeding
Existing information shows that you can safely take Armour Thyroid during your pregnancy. However, make sure to inform your doctor so that they can adjust your dose appropriately. Though the hormones may pass through breast milk, they are unlikely to harm your baby.
But be sure to consult your physician before you start breastfeeding.
Armour Thyroid plays a significant role in reducing and preventing many symptoms linked to hypothyroidism. However, this doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have any side effects and that there aren’t precautions you should observe.
It’s strongly suggested to consult a physician before you start taking these tabs.